Our services range from CAD modelling using Siemens NX to Project Management, Quality Support, Supplier Research, Manufacturing Advice, Prototyping Support and many more.
We can help you bring your idea to life.
All of the Intellectual property created by Convert Design will stay with you, and all communication or sharing is done under a non-disclosure agreement signed from the first enquiry between both parties.
We can also offer Cost Estimation services of the design through our collaboration with Scott Brannan Cost Estimation Engineer.
From the start of the design, even before we start manufacturing, we know the finished product will be optimized for manufacture and piece price so you get the best of both worlds.
The Design Lifecycle
- Data Gathering:
- Customer to brief on requirements and specifications of the product to allow a product design fit for purpose
- Written Quotation
- Analysis of earlier concept or prototype available
- Research on similar and/or existing products
- Timescale forecast
- Feasibility research
- Ideas brainstorming
- 3D design concept and schemes
- Present & review with customer for approval
3. Product Design:
- Concept chosen and approved -allows design to go ahead
- 3D CAD modelling
- Design Failure Mode Analysis (DFMEA) – optional
- Prototyping (outsourced)
- Enquiries sent to suppliers to request estimate for tooling and piece price based on customer volume forecast for production.
- Design Feedback
- Design revision
- 2D engineering drawing
- Supplier nomination and manufacture kick off
5. Service Support:
- Analysis of estimates received
- Services can include support with supplier nominations
- Modifications that might be necessary based on suppliers recommendations to achieve a greater product
- Help with testing of first components, and Design validation documentations
- Second round of design based on testing result to ensure a robust product that will meet customer requirements
- Release of all 2D drawings, support with customer release system.
- French translation and support in meeting with suppliers or end user